I’m still waiting for my hot end parts to arrive. But at least I got new pulleys for free at AltLab I’m sure my mendel will appreciate them.
Today I regenerated the GCode with CAD.PY with new settings:
After that I had to edit the GCode manually in a text editor so that the mendel can use it to make the etching.
After all the editing I load it up in Repsnapper that gave me a nice preview of what it would be done.
I added 3 cooling fans to the mendel (it can almost fly now ) to keep the circuit and the laser cool and it seems it worked. Ate least this time it didn’t auto destruct from the laser heating and helps keeping the smoke away from the lens.
Here is a clip of the machine working
The results where quite promising but it seems the mendel still needs calibration.
As you can see in the bottom there are some tracks that are suposed to be round connected to a via but they came out all distorted and still have no idea how to correct this. If you know anything or think of anything that can help please drop a line in the comments. Also I obviously made the tracks to thick but that is easily correctable in cad.py.
bill2or3 from the RepRap IRC Channel sugest that I use a heated bed it seemed a good idea and I implemented it but I don’t know why it suddenly stopped heating and I gave up on it for now.
I don’t think I’ll drop this iteration on the acid yet but probably the next one who knows.