Hello every one who has been following my short adventure to build a self replicating robot able to kil humans with lasers, hmm, oh forget that last bit…
Ok, I have a very limited number of PCBs available for tests so I had to wash the paint of the previous PCB with acetone. It came out very easily.
This time the paint coat came out a little bit more uniform than the first time. Maybe I should try some graffiti art next time .
I modified the cad.py setting to completely fill the outer part of the tracks. This would be a lot slower but it would increase the number of things tested to guarantee that I cover all the bases.
So I sent the board under the laser one more time and this time it was much slower. As a consequence the laser and the driver heated a lot more, that is definitely not good and I had to interrupt the print.
I tried to improvise a fan with a CD and a motor but it just came to be an epic fail and I ended with a cut in the tip of my finger from the improvised blade.
So I packed the LM317 from the driver circuit with a bunch of dissipators and hoped for the best…
Ok I crossed my fingers and tried to print again.
I t was working… for about 15min (I wasn’t counting) then the hot glue that was holding the laser melted from the heat.
Even so in that short time I got improvements! The laser etched the paint and reached the copper .
It is not very perceptible in the photo maybe check the flickr if you can’t see the copper.
I HAZ COPPER!
I definitely have to get a PC fan to cool things down or else I will not be able to continue development. But today’s results are very promising.
It’s good that I can’t go much further right now because I have to study for a final exam that I have thursday.