This time I’m just trying to fix the machine so it can output properly the models.
If you have read the previous post you know that I’m having problems with circles. From what I have read on the net the problem is called backlash. Other people had the same problem in the past. One of the solutions is to tight the belts but if you have read the previous posts you know I already did this and when I rotate the gear manually the carriage responds accordingly.
So to start I got someway to debug the thing several concentrical circles:
And it came out like this:
Ok this definitely shows the problem with circles…
The result didn’t change at all. This can be because the problem in on the Y axis or it is something else on the X axis like the gears not fitting properly with the belt. I haven’t replaced the old gears that are glued with hot glue yet so if the problem is from this I have a good solution now that I have replacements.
This was the result of the lubricated X axis on a red tape.
In this picture is clearly visible that circles are broken in the top suggesting that there is at least one problem in the X axis and that I will probably have to change the gear that I’m using or increase the motor current.
I tried everything and printed several tests none of them produced any diferences in the result.
And now after a day of tests I present all my tests results and an acceptable end result (nº 15).
Conclusion: The X axis is pretty sensible and the Y axis belt has its teeth against bearings and that causes variations in tension while printing it should be revised. For the X axis I basically remount it having attention to every little detail and check if the Z axis is correct and not interfering with the X axis. So after all this testing it is time to re etch the circuit…
So it was a good improvement and the circuit was almost usable, but I guess my mendel X axis isn’t good enough. Maybe someone out there in the community can shed some ideas how to improve this because I’m out of them.
I’d probably only get better results with a completely new X axis and for that to happen I have to receive my hot-ends first…